SOC-D outputs will contribute to national and international reporting requirements, e.g.:
- National Greenhouse Gas Inventories
- UKCEH is responsible for Land Use, Land Use Change and Forestry Inventory (LULUCF)
- Natural Capital Accounts
- Economic value of soils and costs of degradation.
- UN Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) indicators, Land Degradation and Soil Carbon
- Pollution Risk Mapping & Environmental Policy Outcomes
- Spatial maps of pollutants to help target actions (e.g. pesticides; nanoparticles; plastics)
- BREXIT and farmer payments (i.e. Common Agricultural Policy - CAP)
- Major role in monitoring impact of current agri-environment scheme and developing CAP replacement.